Stay up-to-date on the top tech news and trends each week with our Weekly Top 10 Tech. See something we missed? Tag @swebdevelopment on Facebook! Here’s our top 10 tech news stories for this week:
1. Google Chrome is coming to VR with Google’s latest Daydream update
You’ll be able to view your favorite websites and browse the internet in real time, as Google Chrome is added to Google’s Virtual Reality platform.
2. Sorry, Apple Photos, but I’m leaving you for Google Photos
You’ll never want to go back to Apple Photos again after you read this!
3. How to Transform Your Blog Content into Compelling Videos
Don’t be afraid of change. See how you can incorporate video content into your blog!
4. Uber Freight launches to connect truck drivers with available shipments
Uber has redeemed itself with this new app, created to cut out hours of back and forth negotiation between companies and drivers.
5. Facebook and MLB partner to bring live-streamed games to the social network
This new partnership will bring 20 live, regular season baseball games to Facebook on a weekly basis!
6. Medium launches audio versions of stories for members
If you’re a reader who loves to listen to your books on the go, this feature is right for you!
7. Facebook Updates News Feed Algorithm to Further Limit the Reach of Clickbait
Tired of clicking on those misleading or spammy articles on Facebook? Well you’re in luck, Facebook is finding a way to make this less common on your newsfeed.
8. Twitter Adds Advanced Privacy Controls, New Data Collection Methods
Twitter is jumping on the privacy bandwagon to make sure you know what data is being collected from your Twitter usage and how you can control it.
9. 4 Simple Ways to Improve Your Social Media Marketing Strategy
Maintaining a strong presence on social media is now vital to connecting with your customers, gaining new ones, and increasing awareness to your brand.
10. How LinkedIn’s Latest Update Could Help Boost Your Exposure Through the Platform
LinkedIn doesn’t seem like the best place to expand your personal brand, but with some new features your profile will now be more visible than ever online!
If you’ve got the right equipment, you can now stream in 360 for free on Facebook. 360 livestreams can’t be viewed on AppleTV or Chromecast quite yet, but using this new feature is bound to put your live video a step ahead of the rest.
Ready to take your web and mobile presence to the next level? Send us an email or give us a call at 210-617-7260.