Stay up-to-date on the top tech news and trends each week with our Weekly Top 10 Tech. See something we missed? Tag @swebdevelopment on Facebook and Twitter! Here’s our top 10 tech news stories for this week:
- New LinkedIn tool tells businesses about who’s visiting their websites: LinkedIn is giving businesses a new way to see what kinds of audiences they’re attracting with their marketing efforts. As if we need more people watching our every move, but still an interesting/useful tool!
- Twitter adds updates about interesting links, trends and accounts to its Notifications tab: Because who doesn’t love more notifications going to their phone at least we’ll be updated at all times about EVERYTHING.
- Blue is a dating app for verified Twitter users: Dating is hard! So Twitter decided to make it a bit easier by appealing to those who are verified aka have the blue check next to their username. Because lets be real a verified Twitter user can’t just date anyone!
- eBay to launch visual search tools for finding products using photos from your phone or web: Thank you eBay! Now we can find out where that random girl got those cute shoes without having to seem like a creeper…
- Airbnb will now let users leave reviews even if they don’t complete their entire stay: Now guests can easily give others a heads up on why they left without any extra barriers. Safety in numbers is always important.
- GOODBYE IPOD, AND THANKS FOR ALL THE TUNES: It’s official! Apple has discontinued the iPod Nano and Shuffle say goodbye to your old music friend!
- Amazon has quietly introduced a cool delivery feature: It’s basically lockers for your packages to be delivered to you at any time of the day or night! This way that nosey teenager across the street will stop trying to steal your packages… Jerk!
- Google’s location-sharing service goes cross platform, unlike Apple’s: Now anyone with a smartphone can keep track of their loved ones.
- 7 Simple Social Media Moves That Work: Want to become the biggest social media star online? That probably won’t happen but hey we can try right?! Use these tips to get started.
- Amazon adds Singapore to its same-day delivery empire: Not only is Amazon taking over the whole country with its same day delivery, prime and other services, its trying to take over the country! Pretty amazing if you ask me.Well folks that all we have for this week. Check back for another installment of Top 10 Tech!
Ready to take your web and mobile presence to the next level? Send us an email or give us a call at 210-617-7260.
Read the Weekly Top 10 Tech News last May 19, 2017.
Read the Weekly Top 10 Tech News last July 1, 2016Back to blog