Stay up-to-date on the top tech news and trends each week with our Weekly Top 10 Tech. See something we missed? Tag @swebdevelopment on Facebook and Twitter! Here’s our top 10 for this week:
1. With Hands-Free Recording Mode, Instagram Stories Might Finally Beat Snapchat
Snapchat and Instagram Story users have been limited to taking videos while holding down the record button–until now. Instagram has added a hands-free recording mode which is sure to help it gain in popularity.
2. Apple Gives App Makers More Time To Switch To HTTPS Connection
Earlier this year Apple required iOS developers to switch on App Transport Security by January 1st. The feature is meant to boost the security of apps, forcing them to connect to the internet via HTTPS. Apple has extended the deadline, but has not yet specified a new date.
3. How To Submit Your Website To Google (And Why It Matters)
If Google’s bots can’t find your site and index it, then you’re pretty much talking to yourself in an empty room.
4. What Microsoft’s New Chatbot, Zo, Means For Your Business
Microsoft has a new chatbot and it’s aiming to create an experience beyond informational exchange–one that mimics talking to an actual person.
5. 10 Tech Acquisitions From 2016 You Should Know
Acquisitions can tell us a lot about the climate of the startup world–and how the tech world will change in the coming years.
6. Web Design Trends We Can Expect To See In 2017
We live in a visual world and if your website isn’t in keeping with the times you won’t be able to retain the audience you’re looking for.
Video is the king of content in social media and Adobe Spark makes it easy for anyone to create viral-worthy videos.
8. Vine To Turn Into Six-Second Camera App For Twitter
Twitter is turning its six-second social app into a camera-only tool come January. Previous videos posted on Vine will be available for view on the desktop version of the app, but future videos will only be shareable via Twitter or saving it to your camera roll.
9. Technology Trends That Will Transform Content Marketing In 2017
Content and social media marketing are ever evolving, and technology will continue to hold the driver’s seat in 2017.
10. Facebook Live Gets An Audio-Only Mode For All The Podcasters Out There
The new Facebook Live feature is still rolling out to all users, but it will be interesting to see whether live podcasting takes on.
Ready to take your web and mobile presence to the next level? Send us an email or give us a call at 210-617-7260.
Read our Weekly Top 10 Tech News post last September 30, 2016
Read our Weekly Top 10 Tech News post last June 10, 2016Back to blog