Smartphones have become the platform that many of us use for messaging, internet searches, sharing media, and occasionally, phone calls. Bloggers are just as mobile as the rest of us, and need tools to post from their mobile devices. Here are ten mobile blogging tools that can be used to updated your blog on a variety of platforms:
1. WordPress (FREE): Manage your self-hosted WordPress blog with ease on both iOS and Android devices. You can moderate comments, create posts, and add images or videos on the go.
2. Tumblr (FREE): Manage your Tumblr blog and post photos, video, quotes, chats, links, and text. You can manage multiple Tumblr accounts and respond to comments from your mobile device.
3. Soundcloud (FREE): Manage your Tumblr blog and post photos, video, quotes, chats, links, and text. You can manage multiple Tumblr accounts and respond to comments from your mobile device.
4. Dropvox ($1.99): Record audio interviews with guests on the go and automatically upload your audio recording to Dropbox for editing later. So handy to prevent heavy audio files from taking up storage space on your mobile.
5. Evernote (FREE): Capture your thoughts, forward your captured media for later review, even send articles you ﬁnd online to your account. It’s a great tool to store your blog ideas and sources that will enhance your posts.
6. MindMeister (FREE): This mind mapping tool is a great way to structure your posts, plan your editorial calendar, and allows you to share the map you create with others so you can edit collaboratively.
7. Feedly (FREE): Track your RSS Feeds easily and keep inspiration going even when Google Reader shuts down. You can also share stories via social networks and star any posts that inspire you.
8. Dropbox (FREE): Share large ﬁles with others, store audio, videos, photos, and text ﬁles for later referencing. Access your ﬁles from anywhere!
9. Blogsy ($4.99): For iPad owners, blogging has never been easier with this versatile app. Supports WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, and many other blogging platforms. It also connects with a large number of social networks as well, allowing you to easily share your work.
10. Quicklytics (7.99): The app offers real-time analytics reports for your blog. It pulls all the vital statistics from your Google Analytics account, presents the data, and allows you to create custom reports.Back to blog