Stay up-to-date on the top tech news and trends each week with our Weekly Top 10 Tech. See something we missed? Tag @swebdevelopment on Facebook and Twitter! Here’s our top 10 for this week:
1. Here’s Why Apple’s 10th Anniversary iPhone Will Likely Cost More Than $1,000
Although it’s been debated whether the new phone will be called iPhone 8 or X, the home button is expected to disappear, with 3D-sensing technology, and a far bigger battery, among a number of new features.
2. Pinterest’s New Camera Lens Lets Users Find Real-World Objects Online
Pinterest has enabled a new camera feature that enables users to snap photos of products in real life, automatically searching through Pinterest to find products to pin and buy directly within the app.
3. Facebook Is Building A Full-Fledged Weather Tool Into Its App
Facebook has occasionally shared weather updates with users, but now it is making a bigger push to provide weather cards at the top of users’ newsfeeds on both mobile and desktop.
4. 34 Stats to Help You Plan Your Social Media Strategy on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & More
Working to build or improve your social media strategy? HubSpot shares 34 stats across each popular social channel to help you make more informed decisions.
5. Top Design Mistakes Killing Your Conversion Rates
Your design just might be the thing holding back your site’s conversion rates.
6. Up Your Social Media Game with These New Instagram Features for Small Business
Looking to add a human touch to your brand online? Instagram has some great tools to help you do just that–and it’s free.
7. Any Device Running Google’s Chrome Browser Is Now A VR Platform
Google has added WebVR to any device running Chrome into a virtual reality platform. If you want to the full VR experience, though, you’ll need a Daydream-ready phone and a Daydream Viewheadset.
8. Starting Next Week, Doing This Will Put Your Gmail At Risk
After a large Gmail phishing scam last month, Google is now recommending that users update to the latest version of Chrome Browser ASAP.
9. How to Increase Your Mobile App Reviews
Have a mobile app (or looking to have one built)? Entrepreneur shares some great tips on how to get more people to leave reviews.
10. 7 Practical Tips When Vetting Your Web Design Agency
Looking for a Web Design Agency? Make sure they know their stuff–and give you ownership of your content!
Read Our Weekly Top 10 Tech News last June 24, 2016
Read Our Weekly Top 10 Tech News last August 11, 2016Back to blog