Stay up-to-date on the top tech news and trends each week with our Weekly Top 10 Tech. See something we missed? Tag @swebdevelopment on Facebook and Twitter! Here’s our top 10 for this week:
1. YouTube Live Video Views Are On The Rise As Google Takes On Facebook And Snapchat
Live video views on YouTube have jumped 80% over the last year, and claims that it can differentiate itself from competitors because of its ability to monetise–both during and after live broadcasts.
2. How To Live Stream Successfully: A Preparation Checklist For Marketers
Speaking of live video, its one of the hottest new ways for brands and businesses to market to their target audience. HubSpot shares some great tips on how to make the most of live streaming for your business.
3. Instagram Now Lets You Zoom In On Videos And Photos On iOS
Instagram’s latest improvement to user experience, is the added ability to pinch and zoom in on videos and photos–at least on iOS. An identical update for Android devices is expected to roll out soon.
4. Twitter’s New Button Lets Users DM You Direct From Your Site
Twitter is testing a new feature that allows users (mainly brands) to put a Messenger button directly on your site, enabling visitors to direct message you straight from your site. This is ideal for brands who may want to keep public customer complaints to a minimum on their Twitter feed.
5. What You Need To Know Before You (Inevitably) Lose Your Phone
In this day and age, it’s not really a matter of if you’ll lose your phone, but when. Whether it gets stolen, or you just misplace it, Refinery 29 shares what you should do before the inevitable happens.
6. Mimo’s New App Teaches You How To Code On Your iPhone
7. Hackers Stole Almost 70 million Customer Passwords From Dropbox
After hackers gained access to a document contain Dropbox user email addresses back in 2012, it has now been disclosed that they also gained access to encrypted passwords–68 million of them! It’s unlikely that the encrypted passwords will be decrypted, but to find out whether your account was compromised, visit Have I Been Pwned.
8. Facebook Messenger Adds ‘Instant Video,’ Basically Video Chat On Steroids
Although Facebook already gives users the option to video chat within its Messenger App, it is has created a hybrid feature which allows you to video chat and share text messages at the same time. Looks like they won’t be giving up on
imitating taking over Snapchat anytime soon.
9. WhatsApp Is Sharing Data With Facebook. How Will Marketers Benefit?
10. Get Ready For Simple USB-C To HDMI Cables
If you’ve ever shown up to a meeting only to find you don’t have the correct cords to connect your computer, phone, or tablet to the screen for your presentation, then fret no more. Simple USB-C to HDMI cables are on their way to save the day.
Ready to take your web and mobile presence to the next level? Send us an email or give us a call at 210-617-7260.
Read our Weekly Top 10 Tech News post on December 2, 2016
Read our Weekly Top 10 Tech News post on December 16, 2016Back to blog